Summary of Qualifications
CHA , CMA ,CHAE , CHIA Financial Expert. has more Than 18 years' experience in Hospitality and Lodging Industry, Setting up and Directing Accounting Department, System Reviews, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Expert in Hotels Opening , Designing Accounting Cycle and Creating SOP (Executives Hotel - Coral Hotels - Corp Hotels - Alwaha Hotel) , Hotel Management Contracts Consultant ( Auris - Hilton )
2012-Now Nayyara Hospitality Co Ltd Riyadh ,ksa
CFO ( Chief Financial Officer )
2009-2012 Coral International Riyadh ,ksaFinancial Controller
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
2008-2009 Executives Hotel Riyadh ,ksaFinancial Controller
- Manage the Accounting and The Financial Business Planning activity of the Hotel.
- Manage accounts department and Supervise different accounting transactions as general accounting, cost accounting, internal control & auditing.
- Focus on cash flow management and budgetary control.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow and other financial analysis reports.
- Maintain and control system for all the Hotel’s assets within and around the premises.
- Communicate with external auditors' engagement requirements to facilitate finalization of the annual audit reports
- Supervise day-to-day accounting transactions that include vendor payments and tracking of Hotel receivables.
- Assist in the preparation of cost proposals, bids & tenders for the Government, semi-Governmental organizations/units and private institutions
- Generate first-hand “KPI Report” results of the Hotel financial activities on a monthly basis.
- Provide a full management report and statistics of the financial highlights on a monthly basis finding and observing any Internal Control weaknesses.
- Overall management of finance & funding, accounting records and reports as well as ensuring all appropriate controls are in place
- Preparation of investment proposals and feasibility studies development approvals
2007–2008 Manafea Company Holding Riyadh ,ksaArea Account Manager
- Prepared Finance SOP (Standard of Procedures)
- Organize workgroup to maximize benefits “ERP” system
- Preparation of all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, reports, Develop high quality management information and performance measurement tolls in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and review management information, consolidate results and make recommendations for value added initiatives, support development initiatives and other commercial decisions. Benchmark results. Identify opportunities.
- Analyzing hotels operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be re-organized
- Budget preparations and forecasting
- Maintaining track of all current projects, from a financial perspective, ensuring timely and on cost completion
- Review Purchase orders ensuring financial accuracy, sound commercial and business judgment are applied to the process. Ensure the authorizations are obtained prior to commitments
- Ensure a regular cycle of business reviews and forecasting takes place
- Organizing cash flows. Minimize the level of working capital, with particular emphasis on the management of debtors, receivables and stocks. Maximize interest earnings and minimize interest expense. Maintain accurate cash flow forecasts for at least one year ahead and ensure adequate notice is given to the management of ant future cash requirements.
- Ensure full reconciliation of bank accounts on a monthly basis. The highest levels of control must be maintained over all cash and bank balances at all times
- Understand and measure cost drivers.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal and tax compliance.
- Maintain a focused system of internal control over company assets, liabilities revenues and costs.
- Apply American Uniform System for Hospitality Industry
2005–2006 Tulip inn Riyadh Hote(manafea) Riyadh,KSACost Controller
- communicate with financial managers throughout different affiliated hotels
- Ensuring that the financial Statements &reports are accurate and they reflect the Hotel operations
- All control procedures
- Payroll auditing
- Forecasting reviews
- Preparation of the annual budget
- prepare combined hotel sector financial statements
- Adhoc reports as required
2004–2005 San Giovanni Cleopatra Hotel Matrouh,EgyChief Accountant
- Control and monitor food& beverage cost and keep it around standard
- Prepare cost reconciliation
- Create & calculate food & beverage recipes
- Menu engineering , banquet pricing
- Release new recipes which appropriate hotel strategy.
2003–2004 San Giovanni pastry Alex, EgyChief Accountant
- Oversee all Accounting Department work.
- Prepare quarterly and annually audited financial statement
- Managing the cash flow position
- Organize workgroup to maximize benefits and problem solve “ERP” system
- Analyze financial performance
- Created budgets and forecasts for the hotel
2001–2003 El Slamlek Hotel Alex, Eg
- Design & Controlling Paper Work of the Pastry.
- Auditing Price List of Supplier & Market Survey.
- Prepare The Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss And Analyses of All Trials.
- Prepare Budget
2000–2001 SG for tourism investments Alex, Eg
- Audit all financial transaction
- Designed and implemented a department performance evaluation system to replace a non-functioning one.
- Review the operational transaction.
- Auditing the Contract of Sales & Following Receivable & Collection.
1999-2000 San Gionvanni Hotel Alex, Eg
- Performed accounts payable functions
- Controlling Payable Movement & its Balance Analyses.
- Prepare Accruals And Prepaid Adjustments.
Night auditor , Income auditor
- Review daily food & beverage checks
- Review and compare rooms rate and analysis rate variance
- Review daily front office operation and check out invoice
- Prepare daily income report
- Review charges to guest ledgers & city ledger
2015 AHLEI -American hotel & Lodging Educational Institute FL,USA
CHA ( Certified Hotel Administrator ) #
2012 IMA - Institute Of Management Accountants NJ, USA
CMA (Certified Management Accountant ) #36079
2011 HFTP-Hospitality Financials & Technology Prof TX,USA
CHAE (Certified Hospitality Accountant Executive ) #1371
2011 Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) KSA
IFCE( The Insurance Foundation Certificate exam )
2002–2004 Alexandria University Alex, Eg
Diploma in “Computer Science & accounting " Grade: Very good
2000–2002 Alexandria University Alex, Eg
Diploma in “Financial accounting & Auditing “ , Grade: Very good
1998–1999 Arab Academy for Technolgy(AMI ) Alex, Eg
CPA review course
1995–1998 Alexandria University Alex, Eg
B .sc of accounting , Grade: Good
- “uniform system of accounts for the lodging industry” from “Egyptian Hotel Association” November 2004
- “general & sales tax program” from “ Tax Training Institute “ may 2002
- “MS Office package” from “ Alex university “ August 1998
- Familiar with all accounting standards & issues(IFRSs ,US GAPP, Egyptian accounting standard, Saudi accounting standard, uniform system of accounts for the lodging industry)
- Create & manage first website concerned of hospitality accounting in arab world (www.dryousry.com)
Computer skillsProperty Management Software
Financial & Accounting Software
- Micros Opera
- Micros Fidelio (Front office , Receivable ,Point Of Sales ,Material control , and Housekeeping)
- Room master 2000,I Q Point of sale
- Hotel Master (General Ledger , store ,Receivable , Point Of Sales , and Front Office )
- Horizon (Point Of Sales , and Front Office )
- Comsys (Ultra property Management , Gala Point Of Sales)
- Sun (General ledger)
- Microsoft Axapta 2012 (ERP)
- I Scala (General ledger, payable, general cashier)
- Al Motamim (General ledger, Stock Control)
- E light (General ledger)
- Optima Comsys Financial Software
- MS Office package, Photoshop
- Web Designer ”HTML ,Java Script language
Arabic: Mother Language
English: Very Good Speaking & Writing
Date of Birth: 1977/9/11
Marital Status: Married
Military Service: Exempted